Welcome to the third episode of Upon Reflection, a podcast about what we think as well as how and why we think it.
In this podcast, I read my chapter, “Causal Network Accounts of Ill-being: Depression & Digital Well-being” from Ethics of Digital Well-being: A Multidisciplinary Approach. In this chapter, I review how well-being and ill-being can be understood in terms of the causal networks studied by economists, neuroscientists, psychologists, and other scientists. As with all of my writing, the free preprint can be found on my CV at byrdnick.com/cv under “Publications“.
If you want to hear more, you can subscribe wherever you find podcasts. You can also find out more about me and my research on Twitter via @byrd_nick, or on Facebook via @byrdnick. If you end up enjoying the Upon Reflection podcast, then feel free to tell people about it, online, in person, or in your ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review.
- Upon Reflection Podcast, Ep. 0: Introduction
- 15+ Podcasts about Cognitive Science
- 40+ Podcasts about Philosophy
- Experimental Philosophy 2.0: The Neuroscience of Philosophy
- Exercise, Neuroscience, and the Network Theory of Well-being
- New Paper — Causal Network Accounts of Ill-being: Depression & Digital Well-being